About

I’m a flautist and pianist currently performing and teaching in Singapore. I've performed in numerous concerts at prominent locations like the Esplanade, at hotels, corporate events, and played and sang for the President for a couple of occasions. I've taught at music and MOE schools and written a couple of music compositions which can be found under my Works.

A few of my favorite composers are Liszt, Chopin, Rachmaninov, Fauré and Mozart. The rest are lovely too, but their music are too hard for me to play, like Bach and Beethoven, so I try to avoid their music. It's a little hard to have favorites when you play two instruments because the music differs for different instruments. I also try to avoid atonal pieces because they hard to understand and sound really weird! I favor mainly virtuosic pieces and some of those I like are Liszt's Liebesträume, Fauré's Fantaisie, Mozart's Flute Concerto in G and Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D major.

Emmanuel Pahud has got to be my favorite musician and my motivation. I've learnt a lot of techniques from viewing his videos and hope he can personally coach me one day. Maybe when I'm 60 and he's like pushing 80! Naturally, the Berliner Philharmoniker is my top choice orchestra. Unfortunately, since the market is small in Singapore, I've been waiting forever for their concerts. Hopefully I'll catch Pahud overseas and I'll be buying circle seats!

Other than music, I love travelling and other art forms like dance and architecture. I'm pretty good at abstract design myself and I've done some poster and logo designs for concerts and companies.

Despite my passion in music, I've not had formal education in it but only had private flute and piano lessons. Instead, I've been dabbling in the sciences like Physics and Chemistry most of my life and I detest it quite a lot. I have been in a symphonic band and orchestra though, which honed my techniques and musicality. I'm currently pursuing a degree in Psychology which I hope will aid me more or less in the music industry.

Basically, I'm a jack of all trades, but a master of none. It's sad really, but I'm really fortunate to be able to marry passion and job. Not many people are able to do that and I've struggled to be where I am today! :)

P.S. Do contact me if you require teachers or performers at any events!

This site is powered by the Futura font. Download it to view the site in its full glory!

0 comments: